In the Press

Ernad Suljic

On November 2, 2012, Ford Drive 4 UR School announced that Mehlville High School’s broadcast team placed second in a national video contest. Students Milan Orescanin, Ethan Wagner, Nick Dudley, Zach Hughes and Maggie McComish created a commercial that earned their school $5,000 in prize money. The commercial was one of more than 75 entries nation-wide. It can be viewed on the Ford Drive 4 UR School Video Contest Facebook page as well as Dave Sinclair Ford’s website.

This award comes after the Mehlville basketball program already partnered with Dave Sinclair Ford for the Drive 4 UR School Event, which earned $6,000 for the teams. Head Coach Andy Guethle and journalism adviser Erin Moeckel will be donating a substantial portion of the earnings to the charity “Mehlville Gives Back,” which aids homeless students with meals.

The broadcast journalism team also earned third place in a regional film contest held at Drury University, November 2-3, 2012. More than 500 students attended the conference. The team had 72 hours to create a short film including a few specific parameters. Written and directed by Maggie McComish and Milan Orescanin, the film stars Branden Lawson and Jack Williams. The short film “Spectrum” can be viewed at mehlvillemedia.com.

Mehlville Media is the Mehlville High School journalism program. Mehlville Today represents the broadcast news team, which airs bi-weekly. Student Prints, the newsmagazine, prints and distributes three times per semester. Both staffs create content for the student-produced website mehlvillemedia.com. For more information about Mehlville Media, please contact [email protected].

###