Students Travel Europe

Zack Martin, Web Editor

Over this year’s Spring Break, 15 students and English teacher, Cheryl Ogolin, went on a trip to Europe. The trip was arranged through Education First tours, a company that helps school groups learn through traveling the globe.

“We were gone for ten days,” said Ogolin, “and visited the following cities: Berlin, Germany; Prague, Czech Republic; Munich, Germany; Innsbruck, Austria and Lucerne, Switzerland.”

The tour through Europe allowed the students to learn the cultures of these countries first hand.

“I really enjoyed eating food from the other countries because they were so different than the foods we have here,” said Lindy Wagner, senior.

The group also got to experience the history of these European countries. The Berlin Wall, the Dachau concentration camp, Prague Castle and Mt. Pilatus were a few of the places that the group got to go see.

“The Dachau concentration camp was something that will resonate with me for awhile,” said Ryan McClure, junior.

“I really enjoyed the Berlin Wall and Prague in general,” said Wagner. “The Berlin Wall was cool because being in Contemporary Issues, Mr. Rushing has been talking about the Iron Curtain and everything during the Cold War so it was cool to see something so significant to that era.”

Over next year’s Spring Break, Ogolin is planning to have another EF Tour. The area that the group will visit is Belize. For more information on this trip, check out this link or email Ogolin at [email protected].