It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

Keeping Up With the Klubs

Mehlville has such a wide variety of clubs and activities, it gets a little hard to keep with who’s doing what and what meeting’s when. With what feels like dozens of fundraisers by different organizations running simultaneously and the announcements cluttered with meeting dates, Student Prints is here to clear up some of the mania.

Here’s what’s going on with Mehlville’s club scene.

Anime Club

Latest activity: decked the library halls with their handmade snowflakes.

Next up: tea party plans are in the making, and their next meeting will be held on January 6.

The Attic

This literature magazine is still looking for submissions of poetry, short stories, art and photography. These can be dropped off in Gulath’s room, 314, or emailed to him. The staff, which is still taking members, will be meeting shortly after school reconvenes.

Art Club

Latest activity: made collaged boxes.

Next up: they have a large fundraising project in which they will make t-shirts for all the individual TAPs to fund their spring break trip to New York City. If interested in going, their next meeting is January 11.

DECA & FBLA

Latest activity: recycling week in November.

Next up: preparing for their spring competitions.

Drama

Latest activity: putting on “Our Town”.

Next up: while seniors prepare for college auditions, them and the rest of the crew will be preparing for a March showing of Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Gay-Straight Alliance

Latest activity: selling rainbow candy canes.

Next up: a meeting on January 12, beginning lollipop sales, working on a video for “It Gets Better,” and continuing regular group discussion.

Hip Hop Club

The newest edition to Mehlville’s club scene, this group is just getting their start.

Next up: At their next meeting, yet to be determined, they will have a guest speaker along with Eric Fleek teaching the group beatboxing.

NHS

Latest activity: collected over 600 shoeboxes for the Shoebox Project and brought them to underprivileged youth.

Next up: wheelchair basketball in the spring, along with a meeting January 23.

Paws ‘n Peace

Next up: the club is trying to sponsor a crash accident scene for Mehlville students to see the dangers of drinking and driving, similar to what Oakville does before their homecoming.

Step

The team will have tryouts January 19 for new members.

Science Club

Latest activity: making candles.

Next up: their plans for the coming semester include making ice cream, landscaping and hiking. They hold meetings the first Thursday of every month.

Speech and Debate

The team is still looking for members to join in on competitions like radio speaking, student congress, prose reading, and extemp, among others.

Next up: a competition January 21.

Student Council

Next up: planning a Glow in the Dark dance that will include a white t-shirt with the purchase of a $5 ticket.

TSA

Latest activity: the Elk’s Lounge hoop-shoot, with the purpose of keeping children off drugs.

Next up: video game tournament along with an anti-bullying/internet safety video for the library. Their next meeting will be the third Monday in January.