It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

College Visit: Washington University

Photo Courtesy of Best-Masters.com
Photo Courtesy of Best-Masters.com

Perhaps it was the magnificent architectural style of the buildings that caught my eye or the amazing people all around the campus; but I was certain my college decision was made as soon as I had stepped onto the campus of Washington University. As I walked up the stairs of Brookings Hall I felt a sense of belonging and love for the school. I was greeted at the registration desk by an extremely friendly face who gave me all my itinerary information for the day and guided me to the correct room that I would begin my visit. The admissions representative I met next was an enthusiastic, helpful woman who answered every one of my questions with great detail, as well as everyone else’s in the room. At my interview I felt encouraged to ask my questions and learn more about the college life beyond just studies. Similarly, having lunch with a current student opened up my eyes to the extraordinary ability to study topics you need to as well as wish to at Washington University. To finish off my day I was given a tour by a brave young student who suffered the scorching heat just to show myself and a few others around the campus. A college visit can definitely be an interesting experience that shows you a college in many more ways than a website can. It brings everything to life and allows you picture yourself walking around the university in your every day. Colleges schedule visits all the time, and mine had only one other family, so it felt very personal. Check out your school’s admissions website for information on how to schedule a visit.