It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

How to Tackle the Stress of Final Exams

Courtesy of: StudyProf.com

As every student already knows, it is finals week. A week that most of the student body dreads. We spend a long semester studying and working hard, and it all comes to an end with a week of massive tests.

It is difficult to fully prepare for every first semester exam, but here are some tips to help you get through the hours of studying and testing.

1.) Manage your time wisely.

Instead of coming home after school and socializing, get a decent meal and start studying. Also, keep in mind that you will be able to socialize all winter break. So, for the sake of your first semester grades, ignore your phone, study hard and make enough study time for the work to pay off.

2.) Get a good night sleep every night of finals week.

Although it seems impossible for most hectic high schoolers’ schedules, try to get the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep. If you plan ahead and get your studying done, you should be able to accomplish this.

3.) While studying, reward yourself with small breaks.

If you just completed a successful hour of studying, you should reward yourself. Perhaps with a 15 minute break to check your Twitter feed or to quickly watch a show on Netflix.

4.) Try to keep your energy levels high.

It is important to be very energetic while studying. This way, you will be able to stay awake and alert, and you will absorb the maximum amount of information. When you need a maximum amount of natural energy, it helps to eat a nutritious breakfast, lunch and dinner.

5.) When taking the test, stay confident and take your time.

It is very important to believe that you will get a good grade on the test. You have been studying the information covered on the test all semester. So, if you think you know the answer, you probably do. Also, winter break is just a few days away, but it has not started yet. Take the maximum amount of time needed to complete the test and you will soon be able to enjoy a worry free winter break.

The fifth and eighth block finals will be taken Dec. 17, the first and second block finals will be taken on Dec. 18 and the third and seventh block finals will be taken on Dec. 19.