It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

Nova Cafe: A Modern Take on Mediterranean Food

Photo by Minela Hrnjic
A part of Cafe Nova’s outdoor seating area

High school students are always on the lookout for a new hangout spot, and Cafe Nova is a perfect fit. It’s a family-owned cafe and restaurant on Kingshighway, known for its Greek and Mediterranean food. 

Located at 5611 S Kingshighway Blvd, 63109, Cafe Nova provides outdoor and indoor seating, along with carryout.

At Cafe Nova, many people frequently order their chicken wings and gyros. There are also platters that consist of rice and chicken or lamb.

When first arriving, the scenic outdoor area stuck out to me, with a lot of greenery and a small fountain. The staff was friendly and we were seated quickly. It wasn’t very busy, though it took a good amount of time for someone to come take our order. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Platter, and when it came it was very good. A mixed green salad came with the platter, and the food was great overall. 

The main setback during my experience was the wait times. The place wasn’t very busy, yet the wait times were pretty long, which was inconvenient, though the nice weather and appealing outdoor seating helped with the wait. 

If you like Mediterranean food, or you want to try something new, I recommend you go to Cafe Nova. They are open from 11pm-9pm Mon-Thurs, and 11am-10pm Fri-Sat.