It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

Mehlville Green Pit

Green+Pit+cheering+on+their+football+team+under+the+Friday+night+lights.+
    Photo by Mehlville Highschool
    Green Pit cheering on their football team under the Friday night lights.

Green Pit is one of Mehlville High School’s best qualities. The stands full of students supporting and cheering for their team to battle is always so great to see. Today we are going to look more in depth at what Green Pit is. 

Caleb Sanneman interviews Green Pit leader Aron DeRoy about Green Pit, and what it is all about. “What is Green Pit?” Sanneman asks. “Green Pit is the student section at any Mehlville Football or Basketball game,” DeRoy answered. 

Why is Green Pit so popular is a very commonly asked question, People think that Green Pit is just standing around and watching the game, but it’s much more than that. Sanneman asks Deroy “What is so great about Mehlville Green Pit?” “Getting all of the students in one area, cheering for our school and just having a great time while interacting with each other.” DeRoy answers.

A lot of people are at every game, so Caleb asks Aron “How long have you been a part of these games in Green PIt?” “I have been a part of Green Pit since my freshman year, Obviously my freshman year wasn’t normal and Green Pit wasn’t what it is now back then,” Aron told Caleb. 

Finally, a lot of people wonder who is allowed into Mehlville’s Green Pit. “ Who is allowed to be in the Green PIt?” Caleb asked. “ Any Mehlville student is allowed to attend. Usually what we do is have seniors and juniors in the front, then behind them sophomores, and freshmen on top. So yeah, as long as you are a Mehlville student you can attend.”

Caleb Sanneman and Aron DeRoy concluded their interview, and we got a lot more information about what Green Pit is, what it’s about, who’s allowed in, and what it was like during covid compared to now.