Pin to Win: Carly Valleroy’s Rise to the Top

Photo Courtesy of Google

Carly Valleroy has been wrestling since she was seven years old, making this her 11th year as a wrestler. Valleroy is now a senior and has wrestled all four years, starting her freshman year as a varsity starter.

“Wrestling runs in my family. All my cousins wrestle and it made me want to start very young.”

Valleroy’s father, Tony Valleroy, used to coach at Seckman High School and would bring Carly with him to all the team practices. Some of her earliest memories take place on a wrestling mat.

“But my favorite memory overall is winning the U-City tournament with my team last year.” Carly said.     

Carly has made history at the All Suburban Conference by becoming the only female to ever place in the tournament. During her freshman year, she broke Mehlville history with 18 varsity wins in one season. As well as remain undefeated at the U-City tournament for the past two years.

The hardest thing when it comes to wrestling, in Valleroy’s opinion, is the dedication and work that is required when it comes to this sport.

“I would definitely encourage everyone to at least try wrestling, just once.” Carly said.

This year’s first wrestling meet will be on Nov. 29, at Lindbergh High School, 5 p.m.