It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

Upcoming Girls Swim Season

Photo by Hunter Robinson

Winter sports are starting up and getting into the swing of things. Girls swimming started practicing on Monday, November 6th, and while it’s a no-cut sport, the team is expected to do very well this season, despite a lot of changes happening. 

Mark Hromnak is the new head coach with assistant coach Kelly Norrid. Hromnak has coached swimming for several years at Oakville as well as water polo. Norrid has coached other sports, but not at the high school level. With two new coaches, the start of the season is going to be an adjustment for the whole team, coaches and athletes alike.  “One of my goals is to really focus on building a community within the team and bonding the whole team together,”  says Norrid.

In 2023, the MSHSAA Girls’ State Championship for Swim had eight athletes from Mehlville competing. Mehlville came in 10th out of 38 in their class. Alli Lakebrink, Amy Escamilla, Nerma Hrsic, Allison Miller, Kara Lowery, and Olivia Shon are returning for the 23-24 season with new coaches. After the successful season last year, it’s predicted that Mehlville will do well this season as well. “We have a lot of Juniors and Sophomores on the team this year and I think we will see a lot of them hit their stride and see some big successes this year,” says coach, Kelly Norrid.

There are going to be a lot of changes and challenges for the 23-24 season, but despite this, returning and incoming athletes are expected to improve and do well.