It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

It's Your Story, We Just Tell It.

Mehlville Media

Miller Takes on Three Sports as Triathlete

Allison+Miller+competing+at+the+Girls+2023+Districts+Meet+
Photo by Madeline McClusky
Allison Miller competing at the Girl’s 2023 Districts Meet

Three sports into one. Running, biking, and swimming. A triathlon. Not many teenagers are willing to take on that challenge, but junior Allison Miller is. 

Participating in triathlons from the age of 7 and racing competitively since 13, Miller has come a long way. Miller has been a part of a team based in Dallas, Texas, called PlayTri Elite for 1 and a half years. She’s traveled across the entire country from Milwaukee, WI to Clermont, FL. Miller knows firsthand that competing in these races isn’t easy. She dedicates 1 to 2.5 hours every day outside of high school sports to train. It gets hard to stay motivated, but she says “My coach says some days are just discipline days.” With all her hard work, come accomplishments. She’s raced at nationals and got first place in Missouri High School State. Along with this, she’s currently placed 22nd for females aged 16-19 in the country. However, here at Mehlville High School, she’s set some amazing records. The fastest mile for last year’s girls’ track team was set by Miller with an astonishing 5:38 mile. She currently holds second place in Mehlville High School history for the girl’s 2 mile with a time of 12:04

Miller isn’t finished just yet. Beyond high school, she plans to compete in Triathlons in college. Further than that, the multi-sport athlete says she’d love to do Triathlons as an adult which is very much possible for her to do given her hard work, compassion, and skill as an athlete.